Happy solstice! This recipe combines two of my favorite summer staples! These baked salmon meatballs, with a creamy avocado sauce, may be some of the best things you’ve eaten in awhile.
Author: Dara Michalski | Cookin’ Canuck
- ¾ California avocado, skin & seed removed
- 3 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- ¼ – ½ tsp chipotle chile powder
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the salmon, add the onion, breadcrumbs, cilantro, egg white, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portion of the salmon mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the avocado sauce.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, water, cilantro, chipotle chile powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Source: Baked Salmon Meatballs with Creamy Avocado Sauce Recipe